sabato 11 ottobre 2014

Brenda Novak , Filling well


See at
"...At these times, I need to “fill the well” by reading for pleasure, listening to music I find deeply stirring and emotional, or reading quotes or poems that resonate with me. The musical score from Les Miserables fires me up every time. Same with Phantom of the Opera. Watching a good movie will also jumpstart my muse. My favorite is Last of the Mohicans. That emotional scene where the hero (played by Daniel-Day Lewis) is forced to leave the heroine (played by Madelyn Stowe) behind at the waterfall never fails to rejuvenate me. Taking a break to be with people helps, too. Laughter is a general cure-all.
The most important thing I can do when I run into a glitch in my story is to give myself time to work with it instead of overreacting. Panicking only makes it more difficult to fight through the rough patch. Occasionally, all I need to do is sleep. Somehow, my subconscious continues to mull over the problem–and when I get up in the morning, the path is once again clear."
Brenda Novak


Dear Brenda,
precious words about "fill the well". I need that time to recharge too, not to write but to live. Romances are a way to find that time.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...